KartSport Magazine, Colorado, and 2007

Home Forums General Discussion KartSport Magazine, Colorado, and 2007

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings all,

First off, I have to apologize for not making it to your lovely state in 2006. While I had every intention of attending the Greeley GP, the transfer of ownership of the magazine (and all the oh-so-wonderful associated legalities regarding trademarks and intellectual properties) meant that KartSport was on a forced hiatus for a while there.

So, after having attended Steamboat in ’04 and ’05, KartSport is eager to get back to Colorado and give your community some coverage. From what I’ve seen on this site, it looks like the CSC has almost finalized its ’07 schedule, but what I’ll be looking for are two events that are your “big dogs” where participation and cool atmosphere are at their strongest.

It sounds as though Greeley will once again be on your schedule (though non-points?), so I’m assuming that one is a no-brainer. Any suggestions on a second race that KartSport should come and cover?

Finally, I’ve had a lot of inquiries regarding the 2007 KartSport Grand Prix at Infineon Raceway Karting Center. There’s a transfer of ownership going on up there (it’s all the rage), which prohibits me from making anything official. But the dime tour is:

June 9-10
    ICC, Stock Moto, TAG and probably G1
    Probably SKUSA rules across the board
    Similar purse structure ($15,000 the past two years)

We’re also very close to securing one 450 Pro Supermoto class as well, which should be an excellent cross promotional opportunity for the race. Supermoto is huge in NorCal, with very strong support from shops and motorcycle dealers.

Thanks in advance for any and all inputs, I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in 2007.

Jeff Franz
    Editor, KartSport Magazine

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Jeff is alive and kicking!! :!
    Good to hear from you, and glad to see you want to come back to CO and give us all some ink.
    Count on us to tug our stuff out to the KSGP in June. We will see how many other folks around here want to tag along. The pictures from last year got our (my) attention.

Sounds like Steamboat may be back in the CSC circuit for 2007. I know you have some fondness for that part of our Colorful State. There is also a 2-3 hour endurance race slated for Feburary at GJ. Rumor has it some pretty fast teams are planning on attending from out of State.

Hope to see you throughout 2007 Jeff. Thanks for the information.

Doug Welch
    Participant

There maybe a big race in mid August in these parts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.