JR 1 DQ’S

Home Forums General Discussion JR 1 DQ’S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

IT CERTAINLY DID NOT LOOK GOOD FOR A&A RACING WHEN OUR JUNIOR 1 KART WAS DISQUALIFIED LAST WEEK. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST MISTAKE I HAVE MADE SINCE WE STARTED RACING AND I AM SURE IT WON’T BE THE LAST.

THE WORST RAMIFICATION OF BEING DISQUALIFIED WAS HAVING TO FACE MY BOYS ON MONDAY AND TELLING THEM THAT DAD HAD MADE A MISTAKE. I WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY HURT THEM NOR ANY OF OUR RACING FRIENDS WITH INTENT TO DECEIVE.

WILLIAM FARLEY

stacey cook
    Participant

Bill, It is really great to see someone step up and take full responsibility and admit he made a mistake!! I don’t know any details but you and your kids have always been a great family to deal with.

Michael Hurley
    Participant

GOOD PLAY GOOD PLAY!!!
    Good job Bill. I agree with Stacey completely. To bad more of us can’t or will not try to be more like this. :cheers:

Kurt Freiburg
    Participant

Bill –

For the benefit of us future Jr1 dads, what was the DQ for? Something easily overlooked?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bill:
    I feel for ya.
    I also pay someone else to build motors for my sons karts. Other than the routine maintenance, I don’t know exactly whats in them, I tell them what class and where to find the rules then trust they know what they are doing. Swedetech didn’t send us Marks motor until 3 days before the first State race, because they were trying to clear up a bearing issue with the SKUSA tech people. I had swedetech do a novice motor, because I have been told that a stock motor might not pass the head volume rule, and knew they wouldn’t put there name on a motor that wasn’t legal.

I sure wish there was a way of getting our motors preteched then sealed so we know everything is up to snuff instead of trusting someone else with our reputations. Your motor builder might not have done this on purpose but it would have been caught before it was too late. I know it is our responsiblity for our kids to be legal, but you didn’t do anything that I and other dads don’t do.

I here you might go to the Super Nats. If you haven’t sent in the pit request form yet, tell them you want to pit by us, and the tires they have on the tire preorder form are 7″ rears so bring the right rear wheels.
    See ya soon.
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.