Its time to race at TTAC this weekend.

Home Forums General Discussion Its time to race at TTAC this weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Scott Falcone
    Participant

Hey Drivers!!! Its time to show our support for our sport once again, by showing up this weekend and running at TTAC. The track owners have all stepped up and done there part. I sure hope that all you S#*T talking drivers show up and support the series as well. It would be a true disappointment for me, the track owners and Skusa if we don’t continue to support Colorado Racing. No better than the present!

So please show up and do your part, thank you in advance, Scott.

I have new or used tires for sale.

Ray Lovestead
    Participant

Scott – As this is a Skusa race, can people just show up and pay the various fees that morning? Or is it a more involved process?

Just curious – about how much are the fees?

Ray

richardhensley
    Participant

Ray,

Says on the site that you can sign up on site Thursday 12:30 to 5:30 and Friday starting at 7:00 am.

Looks like a year long skusa license is $75 and a one time event license is $50. I’m not sure what the race entry, pit fees are. You are required to run Skusa MG Whites which are $212 a set. Test and tune on Friday is $50. When I entered I bought 2 sets of tires, friday test and tune, and race entry for both days. It looks like it was about $100 per race day to enter. I’m not sure what the at the track rates will be.

Stan might be able to answer those questions.

Richard

Cory Ross
    Participant

If I remember correctly pre-entry prices were as follows, not sure if prices go up for day of registration.
    Race entry is $170
    Friday Practice is $50
    You need MG whites for both race days(Saturday and Sunday) $212 a set
    Transponder rental if needed $20
    Pit space, call TTAC for prices.
    SKUSA license is required

richardhensley
    Participant

Cory,

Are you coming to race?

Cory Ross
    Participant

No, when going through my kart to get ready I found the housing for my starter was cracked and I doubt it would make it through the weekend. With my tight budget I decided to not race this weekend and put the money into parts for the kart and be running 100%(been nursing some other things along) for the next GJMS club race. I really did not want another weekend of spending money with little to show for it and having a kart needing repairs. The RMPKC races have been a little rough on me this year.

Ray Lovestead
    Participant

That’s no joke. Three day event would cost 170+50+212+212+20+50(skusa lic. fee)+20(pit fee) = $734 bucks.

And you have to consider gas and the tires needed for Friday practice. That’s about 1000 for the weekend.

I’m being negative here, but, wow.

Ray

Stan Bryniarski
    Participant

Cory and Rick are correct if you are running the entire double event weekend and your a person who wants a set of fresh rubber each morning.(The serious racer)
    If your running Rotax, you run the Mojos you already have and there is no SKUSA membership fee! (As your running Rotax rules, getting punches and cool trophies from SKUSA)
    Cadets run MG Reds and one set last all weekend!
    Also,, you can enter one .
    day for half the cost as there is 2 rounds of practice each day before qualifying.
    The Track is selling gas by the gallon and your tires do have to be the SKUSA white but if you have tires from another PKC event that are stamped they are allowed.
    So for a one day the cost does drop for those who just want to come out and have fun racing the best on the North Range.

:hi

Hope to se ya there!

Stan

richardhensley
    Participant

We had a good turn out and fun racing this weekend. I have sore muscles that have sore muscles from all the good hard racing. We missed all the Rotax of the Rockies TAG masters drivers. Where were you all? Four of us made it: Scott F, Russ, Wright and Richard. Driving TTAC on MGs is a blast and fast.

Richard

Roger Miller
    Participant

Richard its the cost!! That’s why there aren’t more drivers!!! Stan is right, this is for the very, very, very, serious drivers or the very rich. $55 dollars at IMI or $70 at SBR can’t beat it. Open tire, open Fuel, Fun and affordable for those who aren’t as serious. Scott’s right there are a lot of talkers ( Scott ), By the way, we haven’t seen Scott at any other races his year, so much for supporting all the tracks. We’ve showed up at every track the past few year’s that had a class for us to run in and welcomed everyone to run with us.
    Hmmm, Talk isn’t cheap in Karting, it’s expensive. I can run a full size late model race car for a fraction of what it cost to run a karting operation, if you look and listen to what’s happen many are moving on to a more affordable form of racing, whether its Legends, or whatever, our youth aren’t staying in karting, it doesn’t pencil out anymore. Not to say all the BS that’s happened in karting and the fighting as to who thinks they have it all figured out and telling the rest they don’t have a clue and should listen to them. I will miss the actual racing with you all, but not consistent BS that I’ve experienced in this particular form of racing. Richard the masters are only the beginning of smaller numbers, wait until a few years from now when we don’t have really anyone coming up to fill our shoes, just look at the kid kart numbers or even the micro or mini max numbers. The entry point is crazy for a family to get into karting. The kids are the future of karting and the kids aren’t coming or staying in karting. Entry fees, tire fees, pit fees, etc. like you saw at the last SKUSA race speaks for itself. That’s why club racing is so important to the racing community for the entry level and older folks who are looking for affordable racing. So when someone says go support racing and they have more money then most, it doesn’t have much impact on those who don’t. If the karting community want’s numbers then the drivers with the money need to be the ones supporting all the tracks not just talking about it, while the rest of us really do support and go to other tracks and clubs and support them.

Roger Miller
    Former President, PPKRC

Ray Lovestead
    Participant

People always come up to me in the pits during races and ask all kinds of questions. Number one question: How much do tires cost? and then, how long do they last..

Unless we don’t start getting someone making smart decisions about limiting tire compounds (to limit cost), then we are all crazy. 225 bucks for tires that last about 2 days. I do it, I love it, but I not blind to the grimaces I get from people when I answer them..

Ray

Leo Ahearn
    Participant

Angel Ramirez
    Participant

THIS IS NO B.S. IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM EVERY TIME AFTER YOU HIT THE TRACK, WITH WATER ,YES JUST WATER YOU REHYDRATE DE TIRES MAKING THEM LAST….. WAY LONGER.

I HAVE HAD THE HONOR TO RACE AT IMI AND THE TRACK IN 2008 TAKING THE BIG TROPHY :trophy (TAG MASTERS) WITH ME, RACING AGAINST 24 SOME TIMES 26 OTHER DRIVERS. THAT WAS REAL RACING NO B.S. AND I DID THAT WITH 4 SET´S OF TIRES.

P.S. TAKING CARE OF YOUR TIRES CAN SAVE YOU ALOT OF MONEY.

Eddy Wyatt
    Participant

All

For what it’s worth. I plan to be back next year in karting. Have never really had an interest in going to any other form of motorsports. Enjoy the friendships, Families and being able to challenge myself competing against the young talent. Hope we (the drivers) can keep the low cost, entry level karting going strong in 2014. Many thanks to all who supported Colorado Karting in 2013, no matter if you ran SKUSA, Racing the Rockies, CJKC, PPKRC or GJMS Club. Currently planning on club racing next year at IMI, GJMS and any other track in Colorado that supports Club level TAG Racing. Additionally plan to support all the Kart Racing for Heroes Events.

For those PPKRC Members and anyone else who would like to attend, the 2013 PPKRC Awards Banquet :win is scheduled for Saturday, 21 September 2013, 5:00 to 8:00pm at the Brunswick Lanes off I-25 on InterQuest Parkway. For details click on the link titled the same on the home page at http://www.ppkrc.com.

Best wishes to all who plan to move out of karting next year and thank you for all you have done to make our sport better.

Respectfully,
    Eddy Wyatt
    :co

Ray Lovestead
    Participant

I most certainly will be back to race next year (shifter) at IMI and TTAC.

ANGEL! WHY ARE YOU YELLING YOUR WORDS? Is your caps lock on?

So can anyone else verify or explain what Angel is saying? Why would pouring water on tires after a heat cycle improve their lifespan?

Ray

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.