Ice Racing

Home Forums General Discussion Ice Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mike Edwards
    Participant

Is anyone going to race January 20 at the ice races? We might but would like to talk to someone who has……………

Thanks
    Mike Edwards

Anonymous
    Inactive

ice racign in wht? jeeps ir karts?
    -savannah

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Karts……….at the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland

Mike

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

I hope to get up there for that event. I am still waiting on some results from my sponsership post in the 2006 racing post. This is the web site for it, yet the last time I checked, it wasn’t working. http://www.icespeedway.com
    This will be the third year ICE has come to the event center. Nitro Bikes,quads and karts tearing up the hockey rink in front of 1000’s of fans. Get your sliver rocket ice screws ordered, screw up that old set of tires and come on out to play.
    Rainbow falls also has orginized bike and quad races and will also let karts practice on their ponds too.

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Mr. Freeze……….Can you offer any info about motors and or gearing? I looked at the web site and the motor info was run what ya brung…That leaves the door wide open, any thoughts?

Thanks
    Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey 45,
    Looks like it needs to be a four stroke, if you have one.

from their website

TECHNICAL RULES:

1. WKA Speedway Kart chassis and body rules in effect.
    2. Wheels must be 5? or 6? diameter, maximum width 10?.
    3. Tires optional. Must use Silver Rockets Racing Studs available from ICE. No tire cutting.
    4. ENGINE: Open 4-stroke, single cylinder. One engine only.
    5. FUEL: Methanol, nitro is allowed.
    6. Minimum weight 350lbs.
    7. Must have legible minimum 6? tall numbers on right front and both sides.
    8. Must have full speedway style body covering nose, front wheels and sides outside of nerf bars. Body can be either fiberglass or plastic material.
    SAFETY: Approved helmets, eye protection, gloves, shoes, long sleeve jacket and long pants are mandatory. Full racing suits are welcomed.
    AGE: Minimum age is 18. Drivers age 14 – 17 with a minimum of 2 years previous racing experience may also be eligible to race with properly completed parental consent forms.
    RACING FORMAT: Rider fields of 12 or more: 6 rider 6 lap Heats, 8 rider 8 lap Main Event.
    PURSE MINIMUM: 100% Payback of Entry Fees paid in. $50 Entry.
    50% of Entry Fees paid in to 1st Place, 30% to 2nd Place & 20% to 3rd Place

Rodney, if you run this let us know, We’ll come out for our snow cone!
    Rick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mikey:

I have some flat heads, If you want to use them, I will give them to ya.

Bill

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

Just like in “real racing” even more so on the ice. Set up for corner speed is more important than motor.
    The first year I used a limited moddified. Last year I used my suit case animal motor, booth with the same gear 11X83 with 34″ circumfrence tires and turned about 8,000 rpm’s. Booth years I also got beat by stock appearing flatheads drowning around the circle.
    It took me two years to figure out that when I was going to full oposite lock coming out of the corners, my studs were hitting the right side nurf bar causing the front right to stop, which doesn’t work well at that moment.
    So make sure your streering has full travel with the studs on.
    With an 83 gear and 34″ tire the chain slides on the ice. A jack shaft set up is what I would prefure. The tires have drove me nuts. I wouldn’t use a soft tire as the screws don’t hold into them well and they become leakers even with buckets of slim and running them on the lathe for hours. They might work OK for the short amount of time on the track. The frames drag nice along the ice. I am going to check at walmart for snow blower tires “snow hogs” 13-500-6 I hear they have a 1″ thick tread that works well with the 5/8″ shaft screw we have to use. Pluss they are real cheap. I have talked with others that run them and it sounds better than my nightmere tires I run now. Sheet metal,1/2 wood slats, liner and dual tubes. If walmart doesn’t have them I will be ordering some from my wholesaler. But then I will either have to go to a 9 tooth areana clutch or a jack shaft with the larger roll out. Plus bend up the side nurfs and raise the speedway body.
    It is a very quick race for every class that runs. No partice time, one heat,6-10 laps and a main. They will through the green no matter how lost you are in the line up.
    The open rules do make it wide open to be very creative. The show is for the fans more than the racers, so even if I am beat again at least I was part of the show that is growing every year. Just because it says open doesn’t mean the biggest nitro breather is going to go any were. Heck i wanted to run nitro last year but EC convinced me to run gas and meth mix instead in my meth motor. The race is so short I don’t think you can blow the motor before it’s over. Knock on wooden tires, Now I hope I’m not the first to loose my hinge pins and dump my oil on the ice.
    I still think my shifter would look good with a set of big snow hogs on it in the winter or summer. We should try to have TAG/shifter/4 stroke ice races at rainbow falls. Them 2 strokes like the cold.
    Maybe “The Track” could go to Auzie style racing with a dirt road coarse and be ready sooner? :loony: 303-838-1941

I’d love to do this. How much is it to enter?[/i]

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

Rich posted the rules and cost in the 6th post.
    Maybe some of the Colorado promoters of kart racing should take a good look at how Gary promotes this. I don’t know how he’s doing it, yet the event center I am shure cost a little more than IMI or Bandimere to rent for the night and they are still paying the racers back 100% of there entry which isn’t high to begin with. Then he will also have TV and paper adds to get the fans there to support the racers and the series. Then top it off with a nother event in MN. two days later with a nother in AZ 8 days later.
    If any racers have the time he will even transport you and or your equipment to the other races.

@Freezeman wrote:

Rich posted the rules and cost in the 6th post.
    Maybe some of the Colorado promoters of kart racing should take a good look at how Gary promotes this. I don’t know how he’s doing it, yet the event center I am shure cost a little more than IMI or Bandimere to rent for the night and they are still paying the racers back 100% of there entry which isn’t high to begin with. Then he will also have TV and paper adds to get the fans there to support the racers and the series. Then top it off with a nother event in MN. two days later with a nother in AZ 8 days later.
    If any racers have the time he will even transport you and or your equipment to the other races.

Sorry, im an idiot for not reading. Would gary be able to rent entire packages? I don’t have “speedway” body work and those chassis look entirely different than a sprint chassis.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

You could e-mail the web site and see. I really don’t think they do. Open classes in anything is pretty hard to have an arrive and drive. Plus there is a good chance it could get wrecked in an ice indoor race. Sprint karts were allowed last year. Levi did well with his. Contact them to see if they will allow them this year too. I think they just like the karts having the full body work as it shows better than our typical chessy pods. Gary does sell new speedway chassis’s too.
    Heck for $3,000.00 you can rent my entire package and take what’s left home with ya.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Freeze,
    Does that include the fire breathing “Germantech”?

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

The 1 cycle stealth stock GermanTech can’t be run in a indoor event with that many people.
    The polar moments of the ozonater exhaust bearing mixing with hysteresis particals exspelled from the fans excretion of surprise causes perpetualmotion phenomenology acurrances of the Lodestone cases. :rotate:

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Bill, thanks for the motor offer…………If we go, we’ll run one of our animals.

Thanks again
    Mike Edwards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.