Greeley Grand Prix Website

Home Forums General Discussion Greeley Grand Prix Website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Angie MacEwen
    Participant

visit Greeley Grand Prix for all of the GGP details!

see the tentative event schedule, maps, and more.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Just an update… the website for information is now

http://www.GreeleyGrandPrix.com

Curt Kistler
    Participant

There have been many recent developments adding to the excitment leading into the GGP on Memorial Day Weekend. The City of Greeley continues to open their arms for this event potientially making this one of the largest celebrations the city hosts every year. I know we are still a few weeks out, but here are some teasers:
    Great Track Layout, Cozy Pitt’s close to the action, UMBRELLA GIRLS, Live Music each night, Carnival (with barf rides), Beer Garden, Military Color Guard and National Anthem, Real VIP’s and Sponsors, Mini Cooper pace car and displays, great track viewing area high above the track surface, FLUSHING TOILETS, running water, electricity located throughout the facility, First Class Safety Team and Rescue Vehicles, Excellent Pre-Grid to keep the day’s moving fast…All this just makes your :rotate:

I cannot urge you more to get get pre-registered with a pitt spot. Call Angie or Jay should you have any questions on pitt spot availability, or registration. Hotels are already booked, however, there are many hotels in the Greeley metro area, and they are all close to the Island Grove facility.

Other things to remember: Bring your own air, fuel, tires, (including rains), rains suits and set-up’s, shade, boom-box for announcements or anything else you think you will need. There will not be any kart part fellers there selling axels, oil, tie-rods or anything else those pesky straw bails like to eat. I am sure Doug and Barry will have a limited supply of parts, but “Be Prepared for the Worst”.

We would also like to see if there are any track set-up or tear-down helpers. This has been a very large undertaking for many of us, and the bottom line is, we are still kart racers too. Anything you can do throughout the weekend would be very welcome. We need back-pack type grass blowers, brooms, gloves, and just about anything you can think of to keep the race surface clean and dry. I would ask that you simply throw what you can in your trailer, and just bring it.

I hope everyone is as excited about this opportunity as we are. There has been many spirited meetings over the winter leading up to this race, and I can personally attest to the fact that this race will be huge!

Thanks to the rest of the GGP team, and I hope to see all CSC racers and families taking advantage of this special weekend.

Curt

Kirk Deason
    Participant

wait wait wait….UMBRELLA GIRLS??? awwwww nuts. I thought TEAM HARDKart was going to be unique in showing up with umbrella hotties? Well, the more the merrier!

I HOPE that outside umbrella girls will be welcomed to the grid without any union issues. The last thing we need is an umbrella girl pillow fight (well, we don’t want that on the grid, at least.) I will be hosting an umbrella girl party Sunday night (leave the kids at home), girls, bring your own pillows.

:cheers:

Mike Jansen
    Participant

APPLE
    APPLE
    APPLE

Nothing else comes close…

:loony:

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Jansen…Apple already accepted the invite to my party…no, you can’t come. I have to maintain some standards, i hope you understand. I can’t have any of you old guys having a heart attack at my house when the late night lingerie pillow fight starts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to say, I am getting stoked about this race!

In addition to what Curt said, this is going to be a destination for a motorcycle ride which should bring spectators to us. The community support as well as radio spots airing consistently and the bill board are going to make this potentially the largest crowd we’ve had the oppurtunity to race in front of.
    And we don’t have to drive to Cascade Locks or Rock Island to experience that. Not to say that it is going to be on the same level but, it is in our own back yard and people will get to see what we do is not the typical “go kart” they have seen in the past. Live music will attract people as well as the great food from several caterers.

The circut is going to be incredible and should offer spectators and drivers a good show and challenges. The passing zones are great and well placed. The whole set up and flow has been well thought and laid out.

Just a heads up. I looked at the pit layout for reservations and it is filling up fast, don’t get caught out. Plus, it would be pretty cool to win the First annual Greeley Grand Prix wouldn’t it?

Oh yea, and a Beer Garden!!!

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Kirk,

We played strip poker last time she was here. I’ll just leave it at that. 8)

Although her boyfriend kept calling me to find out what happened since all she could do was toss and turn saying my name at nights…
    Between you and me, she asked me to go to Indy since she didn’t want her heart broke again.
    I just call it like I sees it.
    It looks like it’ll be a great race y’all have fun; Rick stay away from the beer garden…

Kirk Deason
    Participant

now hold on a sec..both you AND Ben are claiming some fun times with this chickita? I think she only exists in karting mythology as ‘the girl in the poster’. Ben claims she’s real. I really HOPE that my ‘promised’ umbrella girls will come through or I’ll never hear the end of it from you guys.

Hey Curt…Tell us more about the umbrella girls that you mentioned. Bronco Cheerleaders? http://www.umbrellagirls.com ? UNC girls rugby team?

Can you tell that I have the ‘club racer’ mentality that you guys were mentioning earlier? I’m hitting the GGP to have a BLAST and so far it looks like it will deliver. I’m not going there to win anything and I just hope I don’t break anythingThanks to all who have worked so hard to put this race together!

Curt Kistler
    Participant
    Kirk_Deason wrote:
    Hey Curt…Tell us more about the umbrella girls that you mentioned. Bronco Cheerleaders? http://www.umbrellagirls.com ? UNC girls rugby team?

Quote:
    I swore I would not let it out of the bag, but here is a very short preview.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just had a thought as to who or what the umbrella girls are going to be.

The GGP Comittee is going to give each driver on the grid an umbrella with a picture of a girl on it, thus our UMBRELLA GIRLS!

Curt, haven;t you got anythng else to do at work other than looking up girly pictures. Purchase something, will you. 😛

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Curt,

HER AGAIN??? 😳

I was with her in Spain and all is was was about her. Like Toby Keith says, “I wanna talk about ME”

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Mike,
    Just think of the view from your kart while on grid. 😉

Rich,
    I get more work done each day before you even crawl out of bed. 👿

Our GGP girls will be wearing Coors Light logos with Silver Bullets! 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pray for sunny and hot weather. :loony:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will they do parade laps through the pits?

Maybe like boxing, holding up the next event on a large card inbetween mains?

PLEASE?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.