Great Job on Colorado Springs Exhibition

Home Forums General Discussion Great Job on Colorado Springs Exhibition

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hotwheels1517
    Participant

To all that had a part in making the exhibition a reality, Great Job. It was even very pleasent seeing “KING GEORGE” and his clean shaven legs. I was dissapointed in the southern Colorado racers (being one myself). I cannot believe that there was so small of a showing by Jr. 1 competitors. The two competitors my son ran against wouldn’t even compete in the final race of the day “lapped in previous races”. COULDN’T handle the competition at even a little ol exhibition. Guess thats why they run at C.R.E. small classes and no competition. Thanks again to the many people involed in getting this event together. LOOK FORWARD TO THE STREET RACE NEXT YEAR!!!!!! COUNT US IN.

Thanks,
    Brian Moore

Curt Kistler
    Participant

What a great opportunity to promote our sport. Matt and I have been to open house events, Grand Openings, talked to magazines……
    But yesterday we had the chance to talk with over 5 thousand people, mostly bikers, however even they were interested in what we all do on Sundays.
    After pestering Doug all day to allow us to do doughnuts on the main drag, he finally got a parade of karts to run along the street in front of literally thousands of partying people. Jeff Welch won the doughnut competition with a brillant “no hander” with five complete revolution’s! :rotate: I think it was only possible for him to pull-off on an RBI/Billet, but what do I know?
    Thanks again Doug and George! Great job, and let’s hope the promoters can bring in the street race in 05.

Doug Welch
    Participant

I want to thank all those that made it down to the Springs. It was great. The organizers tired to make us feel at home. While the track was a bit small, it did show a bit of the potenntial of what karting is all about.

Jim Fenimore deservs all the credit, he gave us everything we wanted and needed. The racing was good and the number of spectators was unbelievable. During the final round before the rain, we had hundreds lining the entire east side of the track. You couldn’t shoulder your way in!

Jim asked me if the karters were willing to do a parade down main street. He got permision from the police and we did it. Little AJ in his kid kart was a big hit. He was high fiving all the way down the street and the crowd loved it! He said this weekend was his best ever in a kart! The street was packed so tight it was hard to move but the crowd parted like the dead sea and the karters moved through.

The biggest roar from the crowd for donuts was the kid kart who managed to do them in the rain soaked street. That was cool. While I didn’t get to see them, I had to hear about Greg’s no handed donuts all the way home.

Thanks again to all who were there and thanks to Jim for his hospitality. hopefully karting made a big enough impression on them that they will go through the deal for a street race next year.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

One of these day’s I am going to learn which one is Greg and which one is Jeff. Good job Greg. I’ll bet if Jeff could have found a kart to drive he would have given you a run for your money.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Curt Kistler wrote:

One of these day’s I am going to learn which one is Greg and which one is Jeff. Good job Greg. I’ll bet if Jeff could have found a kart to drive he would have given you a run for your money.

It’s easy Curt: Greg is taller and younger. Jeff isn’t. Simple when you know how 😯 .

I had a great time yesterday and think we got off to a great start with the CoS people.

The crowd was fantastic and the racers gave them a good show.

The Scarberry Boys were in rare form. Beside their usual “kick-everyone’s-butt” show, after the last shifter race they put on on added little treat for the crowd. Jarret (I think it was) started scooting Brodies all over the place, and Brandon ran down the fence giving the crowd high-fives. The crowd absolutely loved it.

They really got wild over one the kids – I think it was Tristan Ullstrom – doing Brodies in his comer 50. They were more like tight circles, but the crowd went wild over the effort just the same.

There was serious talk about a street race next year with a purse to boot. That’s far from certain at this point, but if it get pulled off, it could be huge.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Scarberry Boys were in rare form. What thay paid off their bills? Im sure there fuel was hot. Lee get a clue, and pay your boys debts.

Doug Welch
    Participant

last night, the boys were talking about trying to do standup donuts. They think they have figured out a way to pull it off. I sure wish I had a picture of Greg’s no hander. Anyone got one?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.