Eat Your Hearts Out!!!!!!

Home Forums General Discussion Eat Your Hearts Out!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Curt Kistler
    Participant

As I sit here in pain hoping I don’t have to shake hands with anyone today, I looked at this video of some super human. 😥

This dude can change a set of tires in 20 seconds :bs:

I attempted to mount a set of YHB’s for the first time Saturday night and still can’t hold a pen, shake hands, button my shirt…..

Since this site is sooooooo quiet, I thought I would inject some flavor. Sorry for the “F” bomb in the video Angie. This must have been shot down in the Southeast, as us Mountain Folk would never use such vulgar. :cheers:

Enjoy,

http://www.teamgennari.com/20sec_tire_change.wmv

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Curt, I fixed your link – it works fine. My computer is still working on the “buffering”, now about 40% done. Out of curiosity, how long does it take most people to download that to view? We have a very slow dial up connection, just wondering.

Once it is done, I will let you know what I think!

angie

cgordon
    Participant

Angie,

It took me about 1 1/2 minutes to complete the buffering using Sprint Broadband.

Charles

Doug Welch
    Participant

@Angie MacEwen wrote:

Out of curiosity, how long does it take most people to download that to view?

About 15 seconds, maybe less

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

sorry I asked, now. It took me 10 min. I don’t think we are at the top of the list for Qwest to upgrade service out our way. That means I am stuck in the dark ages!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where are you located? I work for qwest and can check the DSL remote terminal build sheet for 05′ 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

15 secs on Comcast DSL

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

streets, we are in SW Fort Collins. We have lost our phone twice in the last six months or so, once lightning, and the second also power related. I swear that my connection has gotten slower since then. Anyway, we are in a rural area, so I won’t get my hopes up.

Thanks,
    Angie

Anonymous
    Inactive

True. DSL terminals are served off of whats called a D-SLAM. Its all a numbers game………if 20 or more people in your area request DSL, they’ll build a remote terminal. If not, they won’t. Do you have a cross-street? I’ll look it up and see 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie,

It took me about 30 sec. to d/l the video. If you can get comcast in your are i would do it. I have been with them for almost 3yrs now and have had very few problems.

Curt, you are right about the vid being shot in the south. Team Gennari is based in FL if I remember correctly.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Dane,
    We live a little off the beaten track. You know how the saying goes…you know you’re a redneck when the directions to your house say “turn off the paved road”….. well that’s us. Propane, Septic, and no cable. we have DISH Network, but when you get into satellite internet connections, it is expensive.

Angie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie, You have signs near your house, wow! urban! I’m in a very very small town and Satellite is expensive, very fast download speeds and terrible upload speeds, worse than dial up. But if you have no other choice, like me, it is worth it in the long run.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

I will just suffer with what I have now. Not so bad, really. There are also many benefits to living where we do, so I am not going to complain too much.

Thanks for all of the feedback…. and I know one thing.. when I update the site, if it comes up even halfway decent on my connection, then most of you are getting it lightning fast!

angie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie

Go to lpbroadband.net and give them your address. They just might be able to serve you. I know they have an access point just south of horsetooth, multiples in loveland, and the water tower in windsor. They are a wireless provider and use Motorola Canopy gear. It’s what I use and they are the best. Fast speeds and only $40 per month. I get burst rates at 6mb and sustained at 1.6mb.

Tell them Duff sent you. They are friends of mine.

Duff

Joe Rosse
    Participant

Curt,

I sympathize with your pain! First time I changed a set I didn’t think to wear gloves and had a blister the size of Texas. I’ve not forgotten that lesson….

Now I always heat the tires first–if not solar, then in the oven. (Good late night job when momma is sleeping.) I got a Tire Whiz to take with me to Nationals last Fall, but it really only seems to help much for removing.

I’m getting better, but sure no where near 20 seconds. (20 minutes might be closer!) And I find that swearing is mandatory. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.