Do Us Proud

Home Forums General Discussion Do Us Proud

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Jansen
    Participant

To All of You Who are going to the Blackrock
    Summer shootout:

I wish you all the best of luck, clear track and show them that Colorado has a lot of hot shoes here. Have fun and kick butt!

:cheers:

Doug Welch
    Participant

Well, they threw us a bit of a curve ball this afternoon. We got here Thursday and we were quick. This morning, the locals showed up and then problems appeared. They were 1.5 to 2 seconds slow, but worse, they were having big problemes with tires. They were burning the fronts off the karts.

So it was decided to run the MG red tires instead. So two days of testing down the drain. That gave us two sessions to learn a tire we have never run. Several teams are now burning the rear tires off the kart. Guess what, it slowed us down but we’re still faster than they are!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and we’ll see.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Doug,

Is there anywhere where we can check out times? Shoulda asked last night! Sorry to hear about the last minute changes.

Are they going to compensate you for your waste of time and tires? 😆

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Long story about the tires, however, this race continues to be the best kept secret in karting in the US. $35,000 in pay out cash, lots of real nice gifts and prizes also. We had 5 entries in PRO ICC, blew up all of our tires, finished last and took home $800.00!
    Plus, The Best Race Track Facility you will ever see in the USA. I cannot start to explain all of the first class facilities that everyone has full access to.
    The folks at Miller Motorsports took notes and did it right. We had a good time, and the weather was perfect all week. It was great to see the Wilson’s, Mitch Wright, Preston and a few other Miller employees again also.
    The tire debacle was just another racing thing that had no solution for the race commitee. I felt real bad for them, and even worse for Matt as we were running fastest times prior to “the red’s”.
    Oh well, we will be back next year and try again. Won’t miss it for anything. You all need to go see this facility once in your life.

Stu Waterman
    Participant

Curt is absolutely right. This is without doubt one of the finest racing facilities in the U.S., and it’s not even finished yet. I understand that by next year the kart track will be completely landscaped (grass infield), which will be the icing on the cake for an awesome track.

Kudos to Mitch Wright and all the race staff for putting on a great event, despite the tire gremlins. Racers, mark your calendars for next year!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.