CRG-Kali or Arrow A-Max-Which one

Home Forums General Discussion CRG-Kali or Arrow A-Max-Which one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Need your opinion on which Chassis to purchase for a Rotax set up.

As you know there are many Arrows around and few CRG-Kali’s if any.
    If anyone owns and runs a Kali I would like to hear from him/her.

I am looking for a chassis that has minimum adjustments so I don’t run around in circles. The Arrow has lots and the Kali has minimum adjustments.

Dealers in CO are Arrow (George) and CRG (Stacey).

Okay give me your point, counter-point arguments.

My measurements: 5’9″ @ 185 lbs

Tom Dennin
    Participant

Rich,

I have heard good things about both. I know a ton of people on the West coast use them. One thing to consider is that the tracks on the west coast seem to have more grip than those in CO. Just take Vegas for example, the Arrow was over stuck. The Kali didn’t have that problem.

Another thing that I would consider would be the fact that Stacey goes to all the CSC races so you would have someone who would and could help you out. George on the other hand doesn’t make it to the CSC races, but you have Duff, Dane, Michael, and myself to toss ideas back and forth with.

Also, the guys at Acceleration carry CRG as well. Acceleration stopped carrying the Arrow due to importer problems. The new importer is BTK out of Alabama. I met them at Nationals in Vegas. They seem to be good guys and I know for a fact that they have a huge inventory now.

One thing I will say about the Arrow is their manual takes all the guessing out of tuning. If you know what the kart is doing you refer to the manual and it guides you in the change or changes you should make.

Finally, even though the Arrow has more chassis adjustments it doesn’t mean you have to touch them. But one day when you get older 😀 😆 you may want too. Who knows where Rotax Nationals will be next Year!!!

Tom

Brad Linkus
    Participant

We also sell CRG karts, since 1985 when they were called Kali Karts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Blink,

I saw that you are listed as a dealer of CRG karts. Why have I never seen any new ones on your floor? Why have I not seem very many CRG’s in this area?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone, i come From Australia, and the kart i race is Basically an Arrow ax8 chassis, Its called a “Monaco” but its made in the Arrow factory the only difference is where the Stub axles are located.. theres 30 degrees difference.. but my opinion on the CRG vs Arrow is this….

Crg chassis will gain quicker lap times then the Arrow IF the CRG is setup 100% but if u havent got the setup knowledge to set it up then ur gonna have BIG problems…

But the Arrow seems to be able to just chuck it on the track and you will be relatively there with ur lap times but just cant get a lot more out of it.

Michael Hurley
    Participant

Rich,

You’re always welcome to come and take some laps in my Arrow if you like.

Like Tom said, there are enough of us around to help you out with an Arrow. Things that worked, things that didn’t.

I like being able to make a bunch of adjustment to the chassis. It answers my “What makes it go?” questions. But that book…..its great.

Good luck bro. :cheers:

Michael

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Mike

I did get the book from Terrance at the Rotax Nationals and it is an excellent adjustment book.

As for test drives-That may happen down the road after I get some jpricing from suppliers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.