cr125 bottom end

Home Forums General Discussion cr125 bottom end

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a cr 125 swetetech motor and my engin builder says I need to run there rod and bearing setup that they run I waqnt to know if anyone has the same motor as me and is running a stock rod and bearing set up I want to know because the price differenc is like $150.00

Doug Welch
    Participant

SKUSA rules state that the crank and rod must be OEM, no mods. There’s no such thing as a Swedetech bottom end, legal anyways. The only thing any the builder can do is align the crank and give it a bit more side clearance. They can also polish the bearing races. About 30 minutes of work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am running the S-2 class and there is a rule on the rod for that class?? and how do I do the side clerance check press the rod off if there is too little clerance and use sand paper to take out a little of the thrust sides of the bearing and if that is the way to do get less resistance in moving parts what is the spec. for the rod bearing clearence from side to side ??

Doug Welch
    Participant

Jason

Moto engines for all SKUSA classes the rod and flywheels are stock, OEM, no modifications. Some builders take the stock asembly, directly from Honda as it is assembled and put it in the engine. Some builders use a press to slightly widen the flywheels to give a bit more side clearance to the rod and then polish flywheel bearing surfaces ( the shafts that go into the crank bearings) for a slip fit in the bearings. They do not touch the rod bearing surfaces for giving them more clearance will result in things you don’t want. 😥

In your case, I would buy a crank kit from Honda (they come pre-assembled) and cost less than $120 from several different sources. I would install it with no modifications and go have fun. It’s cheap, reliable, and the power difference between a crank that is blueprinted like I suggest and a stock one is impreceptable to a driver of S2 abilities. Don’t waste your money. Spend the $$ you save on track time. The track time will pay off in the long run far more than any blueprinting you do to the crank.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Who has one for the 120 dollar amount like you are talking about I have found on for 189.00 and that is the best price from some place in californa thank you for all the great input it helps out alot !!!!

Doug Welch
    Participant

Try Kokomo Honda, Honda of Troy or Service Honda. They all have them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

are these in colorado or on the web?

Doug Welch
    Participant

search for them on the web

Here’s one

http://www.servicehonda.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks Doug that helped alot!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.