CO. karting

Home Forums General Discussion CO. karting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all, my family and I are new to Denver, and my kids raced karts back home. We sold the karts not knowing how strong karting was here in CO. What I would like to know is,
    Where are the tracks at here?
    Are there any shops? And what chassis do thay have, ICC, TaG? Do thay have support at the races? Do thay run Pro events? What motors are supported here? ICC, TaG
    I need someone to show us the fast way. Are shop back home was no help, all he wanted was are money, and had no clue how a kart works. And that is what we need.

Thanks all, look forward to next season.
    Jeff

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Jeff,

Don’t know where you live but if you’re in the Denver area the two tracks are IMI and Action Karting. check the links and give em a call. Both are fabulous. Service is good and friendly. What I will say is that we have a VERY active state and for the most part, we’re all friendly and helpful. Local club races and the Colorado Sprint Championship series with many good pilots here. I would say welcome and you’ll have a good time here. Check out the posts in the forum and I think you’ll find a flavour of “Rocky Mountain Karting”

Mike Jansen
    Rotax #27d

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Welcome to CO Jeff. You can look at the race resluts page from this last seasons classes and see where your program fits in. There are also some pretty good deals on the classified page for used equipment. All of the existing shops are very user friendly at the tracks, and Barry Lewis at Billet Performance is very experienced and offers track support on race day to all of his customers. Give him a call before you decide where you will do your business @ 303-841-4855.
    You also have Shockwave in town who is one of the premier kart part manufacturing companies in the US. Doug Welch is pretty available most of the time to talk with about parts and he also heads up the Colorado State Championship if you have any race series questions. 303-781-7829
    Hope this helps, I know you will be bombarded with advice over the next week so I will keep my 2 cents short.
    Hope to see you at the tracks soon! :mrgreen:
    Curt Kistler

Doug Welch
    Participant

Jeff

We have a great group of karters here in Colorado. The Shockwave karting Colorado Sprint Championship (CSC) averaged well over 100 racers in 12 classes last year and will be biger and better next year. They wer by far the biggest races of the season. Here we run the ICC and motos together, but I should warn you, if you want to run the 125 Pro class, you better bring your A game. 😆 We have some very fast kids in that class. 80 junior is another very fast group of racers. TaG senior will be our biggest class next year and I expect that at times we could see fields of 30 karts!

To give you an idea of how strong our karters can be, this year 4 drivers earned national numbers on the PMT. At any given race, you could have 2 or 3 past SuperNationals winners in attendance. This year at the SuperNats, Colorado karters podiumed in 3 classes with several others finishing in the top 10. A strong group indeed.

You also have your choice of 4 tracks in the state. IMI is just north of town and Action karting at Bandimere just on the western edge. Both are within 30 to 40 minute drive from just about anywhere in the metro area. A little farther away but a great track is CRE, just east of Colorado Springs, its about 1 -1/2 hour drive but well worth it. One of the best tracks in the entire country is found in Grand Junction. The other cool thing is that each track is very different from the other so you have ample opportunity to learn.

We can at times be a fiesty bunch at times but one thing is a fact, we love karting.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Jeff, I know that you will get tons of advice, and offers for more! So… I will just extend a hearty ‘Welcome to Colorado’ to you and your family! Also I would invite you to tell us a little about yourself (more like 20 questions!). Where did you move from, what brought you to Colorado, how old are your kids and what did they race before?

If you need anything, please feel free to contact me, and I will try to point you in the right direction! There are a great bunch of karters around here, and around the state.. there is always plenty of room for more at every level, from beginners to pros.

Angie MacEwen :type:
    [email protected]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to God’s Country

Colorado!!!

Like already mentioned check out the links, go to the tracks and check out the karting stores. ALL the guys are just great, but that’s the Colorado Way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.