Can anyone identify this old track? (Boulder)

Home Forums General Discussion Can anyone identify this old track? (Boulder)

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Lopez

I randomly came across this satellite image on Google Earth. The location is in northeast Boulder and appears to be an old go kart ghost track. It is on Independence just across the street from the Boulder Municipal Airport. Does anyone know the story on this track?

Daniel Lopez

I guess not… I am about 90% sure that is an old go kart track. Would be cool to figure out what it once was!

John Schneible
    Participant

Hey Daniel,

I know that track. When I was a kid I went there with my dad. He knew the guy who owned the house next to the track. We would throw our (Sears?) go kart in the trunk of our old Plymouth and go take some laps. I never knew the guys name or why the track is there. This was in the 70’s. It was asphalt and as I remember the hairpin in the center of the track is banked and the track is fairly narrow. Good memories.

Daniel Lopez

John, that is very cool! Did they host races there?

John Schneible
    Participant

Daniel,

I don’t think so. I asked my dad what he remembers and he said he thought the guy who lived there built the track for his kids who ran karts and just let people use it for free. That was Boulder in the 70’s!

John,

That’s way cool. Wish it was that way now….hmm.

-Eric

John Schneible
    Participant

I wish I knew people raced karts back then!

Daniel Lopez

Very cool. It definitely looked like a kart track when I saw it on Google Earth but I wasn’t sure if it was a “legit” race track or something like a water park, Boondocks track. Sounds like it was neither. It would be cool to find more info on it!

John Schneible
    Participant

Somebody just needs to buy that house and property. Eric G?👍

Daniel Lopez

Sounds like a plan to me. Eric, make it happen.

Hmm. Currently not for sale according to Zillow…sad.

John Schneible
    Participant

Well … you never really know until you ask, right?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.