Briggs world formula

Home Forums General Discussion Briggs world formula

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brad Linkus
    Participant

If you are going to race the IMI/TheTrack/CSC races we do not run the World Formula. CRE is the only track that runs the World formula.

Doug Welch
    Participant

No matter what form of racing, it will usually be the guys with more money up front. There are many reasons but two stand out, they spend more time on the track, they spend more time (money) maintaining thier karts.

Winning is all about track time and kart maintenance. Both of those two cost money. Whether your kid karts or shifters, these two things contribute more to being competitive than anything else.

Track time is the single most important thing you can do. It costs tires, motor wear and tear, track rental fees. Maintaining the kart in top condition means replacing bearings, nuts and bolts, and other parts that just wear out.

Making the kart handle better means buying different wheels, axles, hubs and other componetes to change the handling based on changing track conditions. All of these things cost money.

It is in these areas that you will spend money and notice, they have nothing to do with which motor package you choose.

Of all the sealed motor packages, the Rotax gives the best bang for the buck. Its less expensive some of the 4 cycles, and it comes with a warrenty. No motor package other than Rotax has a warrenty.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to racing!

World Formula is a good way to start. It’s raced throghout the country so it’s easy to sell your stuff when you move on to another class. CRE has motors ready to go.

CRE has World Formula Engine packages for $1150 (Call CRE to verify)
    This gets you the following: Premier Titan clutch w/ 16&17T sprockets, Walbro slide carb & manifold, Team Geen air filter, Walbro fuel pump, Header, RLV #4110 Canadian pipe/silencer, pipe cradle and support bracket, Battery box, 12v battery, wiring supplies.

You will need the following items: Jet pkg. 3 pilots, 5 main 38.85, DID Gold 219 chain 30.22, Premier 219 split rear sprockets @ $17.95 ea. You will need the following 67, 68, and a 69. You need one main chain and one spare. You will also need to Dunlop SL4 spec tires. Those are $160 to 180 and will last half the season.

You can get away without running a gauge because you can hear and feel when the rev limiter hits and adjust your gearing from there. But I would not recommend it. At a bear minimum a MyChron 2 gauge with a beacon is “must have” because it is very hard to test and tune without it. These are on ebay all the time for a good price.

Other start up costs include: Suite, helmet, glues, shoes $300+, basic tool set, tire gauge, air tank, 2 to 10lb of lead, fuel jug 3-5 gal, basic kart stand. I missed some stuff, but I am just talking the bear minimum. I carry a lot more stuff because it sucks to go home without racing. I am always willing to help people out with spares, tools and repairs. Email or pm me if you have any questions.

James #45 WF

Les Prins
    Participant

@James Laursen wrote:

CRE has World Formula Engine packages for $1150 (Call CRE to verify)
    This gets you the following: Premier Titan clutch w/ 16&17T sprockets, Walbro slide carb & manifold, Team Geen air filter, Walbro fuel pump, Header, RLV #4110 Canadian pipe/silencer, pipe cradle and support bracket, Battery box, 12v battery, wiring supplies.

I thought the CRE rules were with an RVL 4108 silencer. Are both allowed? Is the size and sound the only difference or does one flow better?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, the CRE website is wrong. I’ve pointed it out a few times, but it has never been changed for some reason… The 4110 is required because it is a bit quieter. Keeps the neighbors happy I guess. I’ve run both silencers at CRE but could not tell a difference. Howerver, I am not the most consistent driver ether. 😳 I have a feeling the 4108 is better on horsepower tracks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.