Briggs World Formula Class in Colorado Springs

Home Forums General Discussion Briggs World Formula Class in Colorado Springs

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted everyone around Colorado to know that we have started the Briggs World Formula class back up at the CRE track. If you have this type of engine and want to race with us ‘down south’, we have the ability… Also would like to see one of the Denver tracks initiate this class. It’s a great spec class that keeps cost down for the weekend racer.
    Any questions, post me or call George at the CRE track
    Thanks everyone.
    Brad

Curt Kistler
    Participant

That’s exactly what Denver needs, another class.
    :argue

That motor package should run real good at CRE, hope it continues to build in numbers for you. Have fun and tell George hey for us.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I know.. I have called to all the tracks and my gosh… After learning more about all the different sanctions, makes me wonder why there is not just one sactioning body for all of it. Just my opionion. I have raced r/c cars for the last 15 years, and there are only 3 bodies, but all the tracks seem to adhear to one, and it works really well.

It just seems to me, if we want more people to join into our sport, we would really want a low cost, low tech starting point.. and thats the world formula. This is a great ramp point for those thinking of it to get in cheap. We all know that once you race for a year or more, you will want to step up to tag or rotax. But cater to the new racer and get them started with reasonable cost, no tech to worry about and get them hooked. It’s also seams like a great class for kids.. Alot of us have more than one kid that wants to race, but at the cost of the junior karts and motors, I can only afford to have one race, but with the briggs formula class, I can start two off this year and the third next.

But I appreciate the response, and the encouragement for the class in our area! I give George a howdy do for you when I see him next.
    Thanks, Brad

Curt Kistler
    Participant

The kids up here in the CSC are running the IMI supplied Honda which seems to be a growing class. It’s got to be the cheapest form of entry level karting I have ever seen while keeping the class competitive and easy to tech. After that they will roll into another growing class the mini max, which is very compatitive and easy to tech. As long as the kid parents choose to go with the majority and play fair, karting will continue to grow and the kids will learn how to compete in larger fields. Bringing in more 2-3 kart fields in the same age groups only makes the day longer and creates problems in tech with non-sealed classes.

Like I said, your motor selection at CRE will be fun. Hope you have good luck in building a class and your family has fun spending weekends karting.

Greg Johnson
    Participant

IMI would be the only track that this class could run. ALL the other tracks are ANTI Briggs motor package.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, that’s what I have been finding… That’s to bad.. they are a lot of fun for the money.. The only bummer about IMI, is that you have to race against modified motors… That to me defeats the purpose of the W/F.. Again it’s just more money and more mateniance..
    But each to theirs… It is starting to pick up momentum at CRE… we got another racer into it today.. he came out and tested a couple of karts, and for the money went with the w/f. Got one for his kid two.. That’s what I like, for the money of one kart in the tag and rotax, you can get two of them..
    I don’t know about the denver tracks, but at CRE, the w/f are only 2 to 3 seconds slower per lap, so you are not losing anything.’

But keep the replies comming and the feed back. I enjoy hearing the thoughts about it.
    Brad

Greg Johnson
    Participant

You would race w/ not against the Briggs modified motors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So they do have a stock class? Because when I called, he made it sound like I would have to race against the mods?

Greg Johnson
    Participant

There is no Stock WF class, but if you could get a few others to show I’m sure Brad would let you run.We have a Wazoom that shows every once in awhile.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How many do they need to run a class?
    I would be worried I would drag my karts up there and could not run.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.