Bandimere Gear Ratio

Home Forums General Discussion Bandimere Gear Ratio

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have not had the chance to run the Bandimere track.

Any suggestions on gear ratio for a built Honda 125? I was thinking of starting at a 1.56 and adjusting from their.

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

What did you run at Greeley?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I ran a 1.50 at Greeley.

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Yeah, good question. Since we’re racing the opposite way that Test & Tune runs, is the gear ratio the same? Ive never run it counter clockwise….

Mike Frank
    Participant

First off, Bandi has only run backwards (clockwise) for a CSC race one time. The normal direction is Counter Clockwise so nothing new there. As far as gearing on a built Honda CR-125, you should be somewhere around 1.65 or so. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would it make since to run the same gearing as Centennial. At least a good place to start???

Anonymous
    Inactive

Craig,

A 1.50 seems a little high for the GGP, Did you chose not to run 6th gear? We ended up between a 1.75 & 1.85 @ Greeley. You more than likely want to run a little higher gear at Bandimere.

The same applies to your post for information on gearing at Greeley. It’s a trial and error. Have someone watch you when your on track and note where the fastest racers are shifting compared to you, this might help you chose.

Jon P.M. me on Tag gearing baseline for Rotax.

Rick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rick,
    I was only running a 5 speed. I was short on sprockets and had to make do. My gearing was off at the GGP and it cost me 1 sec each lap, I do not want that to happen again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.