Anyone interested in going to Phoenix over MLK weeekend?

Home Forums General Discussion Anyone interested in going to Phoenix over MLK weeekend?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Doug Welch
    Participant

We have gone down to Phoenix the past several years over either MLK or Presidents Day weeeknd. We can get down there and back with the kids only missing one day of school and have 1 day of practice and one day of racing. This year PKRA is having a race over MLK weekend but not Presidents day. So we are thinking about MLK weekend, Jan. 17-18. We would head out Thursday after school, drive it in on Friday, practice Saturday, race Sunday and bring it in on Monday.

One year a bunch of us went and had a ball. We can share trailer space, go seperately, stuff it in the car, whatever. Anyone interested in getting a group together and getting a little fun in the sun?

By the way, for those of you haven’t been there, Phoenix is a great race track, one of the best in the country.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

At this time you can count us in. I will run it by the war department tonight after two bottles of wine. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be interested 4 sure

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would be interested 4 sure
    marc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doug,

any info on classes etc? do they have a website with track/hotel info?

Doug Welch
    Participant

Here is the web site. They run IKF classes but for like 125 shifter, last year they just ran two classes, lite and heavy. TaG they run all together. The web addresss is http://www.pkra.org/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d be interested, if I can get the time off work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, it looks like Phoenix will be my new home track. As of yesterday I have taken a promotion with my company and I will be moving north of Tucson about an hour from the PKRA track. I am going to miss racing with all of you and running the full CSCS. Hopefully I will be able to take my Biland down there and give em hell. So, I may be interested in meeting up will all of you if I can get all my stuff together in time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry to see you leave, chris! Great on your promotion. Take care and give them Hell down at Phoenix!

Rich Vito
    Rotax #51
    IMI- Colorado

Anonymous
    Inactive

Chris – congrats on the promotion, I wish you, your wife and new child all the success in the world.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Rich and Dennis!! Dennis, I hope your move goes smooth and good luck to you too. I will miss racing with you guys here in Colorado, especially since the TaG class is going to be so good next year. Hopefully I will see you guys again some time at a national race like Las Vegas or Rock Island. I am only planning on being in Arizona for a couple years and I may even end up back here in Denver. You guys take care!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.