A suggestion for Jr1 Animal parents

Home Forums General Discussion A suggestion for Jr1 Animal parents

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

To all those Jr1 Animal parents, I would like to make a suggestion and then hear your comments regarding one Animal modification before these new ?SKUSA-CSC? rules get solidified.

I would like us to change the stock Briggs cam to a ?stock? ground cam (aftermarket). Why?
    First, this move puts us more in line with WKA, which made that change for several good reasons.
    Secondly, it will not increase the performance since both the lift and duration are the same as the stock.
    Third, it should simplify tech since the tolerances are ?always? within the rules unless someone is blatantly cheating.
    There is a good reason why they make a ?stock? ground cam and it is flatly due to the huge various among the stock animal cams for Briggs and in almost half the cases we have looked at you would be DQ’s based up the cam profiling (most are out two to three degrees). Check with your engine builder.

thanks

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Don………….I agree with the ground cam idea.

Mikey

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don,

I agree.

I also would like to see us have no restriction on flywheel key, similar to last year.

Jeff Jones

Kurt Freiburg
    Participant

Don –

It’d be nice if and when my son ever gets tech’d if he didn’t get disqualified for an out-of-spec cam. I agree.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, if we could spread this around to those Animal parents who might not peruse this site as much before the Feb 19th meeting, maybe we can persuade Brad and others that this is a better route. In addition, I received an email from a Animal Mod class racer that he has a couple of stock ground cams that he would be willing to sell pretty cheap, like $20.

Brad Linkus
    Participant

We are going to allow ground cams to the spec and allow adjusting the flywheel timing like last year. The Comers are going to be scored seperate from the Animals.

Anonymous
    Inactive

THANKS Brad!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brad,

That sounds good.

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Thanks Brad……..

Mikey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.