125 Masters & Novice to many karts!

Home Forums General Discussion 125 Masters & Novice to many karts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

125 Masters and Novice has 20 karts in this mixed class. The times on average are much faster in the Masters class, except for the 2 top Novice karts. The Novice class usally has the highest DNF’s, and usally the best crashes.(I should know)

I think these 2 classes should be split. You have karts that have been racing for over 10yrs with Karts racing their first year.

Just the words Masters and Novice should never be mixed.

Your Thoughts?????

Craig

Mike Cunningham
    Participant

I begged Angie at G.J.M.S not to but I lost. If you can get it changed more power to you. For now I have over $500.00 worth of damage so I’m working four jobs. Just kidding on the jobs. There is just alot of karts all at once out there and with me on the track nobody is safe, novice or master. If we could split great, if not becarefull. Dont do what I did and start in the back, what a scary site that was, I still cant sleep.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

The G1 could easily run with PRO ICC. Them old fat guys are fast! I agree with Craig. Novice and G1 should be split. The 80’s did not fare well either with all in one class. The restricted would gather the K2 in the turns and the K2’s would yard them on the straight making for some pretty hairy passing attempts. Good thing nobody got hurt.

One thing to remember about the GGP. It will be the shortest track of the 2006 season with little passing lanes. We do have (2) days of racing to allow all classes to maybe run alone if we are lucky.

See you all there! It’s going to be action packed all weekend!

Taylor Broekemeier
    Participant

Leaving the track at almost 8pm last night and you want to split yet another class? 13 hour race days are already too long. I say consolidate instead of split.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do agree we already have a long race day. I just think we should put 125 masters with a different group. I do not mind Qualifing on Saturday if we needed to. But most did not like that idea.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Split novice and Masters, if needed, run masters and pro. My five cents worth. Patrick Koentges G1

Garett Potter
    Participant

Sorry guys I think I am the one causing the problem. Keenan is running Spec. & Novice. they originally had Novice and Spec. together, so I talked to CSC and that?s the way it turned out.

I agree, if you guys are having problems in the novice group they need to split it up; it dose not make sense for you to be replacing parts every weekend ,but putting you with Pros doesn?t either. 2.5-4 seconds a lap difference; that?s to much. Looking at My Laps Spec. and Masters looks like a better fit.

I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot with this it will be awful hard to get past a master in a Spec. Kart but it does not make sense for you to tangle with new guys every weekend. On second thought this may work; maybe some of you guys can hold Roger up a little so we can keep up with him. I talked to him and he said he loves slower Karts holding him up so we can pass J/K LOL.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie,
    What are your thoughts?? This is a major saftey issue!!!!! Novice class is for FIRST time racers. Mixing them with the Masters class was not a smart idea.

Anonymous
    Inactive

or maybe i can actually catch up to you guys enough in the main! rather than my like 1 kart length a lap… maybe 2 now! hahaha maybe one will help roger realise that qualifying more than half a second faster than everyone isn’t good… but hey, i’m the one with the 36 second lap time!

😉

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Well, we have enough time at Greeley where you won’t have to worry about it.

There are going to be concerns over any grouping of classes. As Curt pointed out, the 80 shifters have problems, too. We don’t have time to run each class alone, so we just have to figure out the best way to group them. Racing incidents happen, they are just amplified when the karts involved are from different classes. Just think, if we had 20 entries in every class, then we would HAVE to find a way to run them all seperate. That would require every event to be a two day affair OR have no practice on Sunday OR shorten times and laps for practice, qual, heats, and mains OR ??? There are only so many hours in the day.
    At IMI, we could have started on track stuff at 7:30am. Don’t know if it is possible at the other tracks, but if we could get going a little earlier, it would give us a little more time.
    What about the Main event lap numbers? 20 laps at IMI seems like a long race. What about 15 or 18 laps at the long tracks, 20 at the shorter tracks?

As for using the driver experience issue, I don’t think that is fair. You have Novice drivers that have been racing for a few years, and you have some Masters, Stock, etc. that are newbies. There are new drivers in lots of classes, and all that we can do is ask that they understand the procedures of the event, especially of letting the fast guys get by safely. I would hate to discourage the newbies from coming out the the CSC races, as it is great to see new faces and big numbers.

OK, I gotta get back to points. We have the GGP this weekend without the issue present, so enjoy that!

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Bad idea about the laps. The spectators are demanding 20 lap mains for the TaG Masters class @ IMI, Junction, Bandimere and probably at The Track too.

Besides, I finished my main without any problems and my kart’s getting used to it so I don’t want to upset the kart 8)

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Gee, Mike, I will be sure to keep you kart’s happiness in mind! :rotate:

and as for the “fans” demanding 20?? let me see the petition! And Michaela’s signature had only be on there once! :loony:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie,
    What does this mean? All classes will race on their own at Greeley??????

“We have the GGP this weekend without the issue present, so enjoy that!”

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Well, you quoted my last sentence… now reread the first sentence….

Well, we have enough time at Greeley where you won’t have to worry about it.

That means if the Novice and Masters fields have decent numbers, then they won’t have to worry about being on the track at the same time. Don’t ask me what the magic number is, just get the rest of your class out there so you don’t have to worry about it!

Greeley is a 2 day event. Practice and Qual on Sat, Heats and Mains on Sunday – we will have time to let big classes run by themselves. Smaller classes are always subject to being grouped with another class.

see you there,
    Angie

cgordon
    Participant

I’d hate to see our races shortened. For a regional series like the CSC, 20 laps even at a long track seems appropriate. For all the time, effort, and money it takes to prepare for the race, at 20 laps our race was done in about 17 minutes. I’m OK with the day being long – it is what it is. If anything had to give, I’d rather drop the morning practice than shorten the race.

Charles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.