Reply To: ? TEARDOWN OF SEALED ROTAX MOTORS BY TECH DIRECTOR?

Home Forums General Discussion ? TEARDOWN OF SEALED ROTAX MOTORS BY TECH DIRECTOR? Reply To: ? TEARDOWN OF SEALED ROTAX MOTORS BY TECH DIRECTOR?

Angie MacEwen
Participant

Tim,

I know that Seth’s motor was sealed, and that the seal was removed. That is what this whole topic is about. And I did say in my post that Dennis felt he needed to remove it, due to what he witnessed on track. Whether or not he might have found information to show there was not a significant performance change from previous races is beside the fact. We hired Dennis to do a job, and he felt he needed to remove the seal on Seth’s motor, so he did.

Now you are saying it is because you have been a pain. I never said that. I appreciate you making us aware of the Leopard ruling. It was my fault to set aside the email from several weeks ago, but I do have alot going on, and it happens. When you called on Friday, I spent at least a couple of hours on the phone with several people to get things straight about the recent rulings on the Leopard. I did call Bill Ray. I didn’t necessarily say you were going to protest him, but that you believed his motor to be illegal based on the recent TAGUSA rulings. So the obvious conclusion to that is that if his motor was an illegal 05, you would protest. You did said you would be there with your rules and your money. My reasoning wasn’t to give him a warning, but to see if in fact, there was a need to further investigate. The rulings were not exactly clear. Anyway, on Friday, I was also helping my family get ready to head to the race track. Three kids and four karts, plus everything I need to score, etc., you can imagine it is an ordeal to get us out of here. Maybe I should have given you a call back, but I really never had a definitive answer. The point was to make sure Dennis was aware of the ruling, and after talking to him, I was sure he was aware. He did some further investigation at the track, so like I said, he had it under control.

You did admit to protesting Kyle because you were upset with the system (the track, CSC, officials, etc) You even said that the tech was lacking, not nearly thorough enough. You certainly cannot expect to push, push, push the system without it pushing back.

Dennis is doing a great job. We are lucky that he hasn’t bailed on us, given the troubles that we keep throwing at him. It isn’t like he makes a lot of money at this. He recently was hired to do the Cascade Locks event, and you will see him over in GJ at the Nations Cup.

thank you,
angie