Reply To: All About Racing

Home Forums General Discussion All About Racing Reply To: All About Racing

Anonymous
Inactive

I know…that series is really awesome, I am still pissed at Tracy for that last move on Bourdais here downtown…he really ticks me lol. Seriously, road tracks is just better. Related to that in the Champ car series…

“MONTEREY, Calif. (March 10, 2007) – The Champ Car World Series is known around the world as the American interpretation of Formula 1-style racing, but today a Champ Car driver in the brand-new Panoz DP01 chassis raised the bar on anything a F1 car had ever done at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Three-time and defending Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais (#1 McDonald’s Cosworth/Panoz/Bridgestone) demolished the existing track record at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with 10 minutes left in today’s final test session, with his time of 1:05.880 (122.295 mph) breaking the mark set in 2006 by Ricardo Zonta in the Toyota F1 machine when it came over to turn some laps as part of the Monterey Historics Festival.

Bourdais not only broke the record but became the first driver ever to run a lap around the fabled California layout in less than 66 seconds. For his efforts, Bourdais and his Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing squad were awarded $5,000 by Champ Car for breaking the F1 record.”

In F1
(planet-f1.com)
“All the Aussie GP previews
Saturday 10th March 2007

Check out all the teams’ previews for the season-opening Australian Grand Prix…
McLaren – Fernando Alonso is already targeting the victory in his first grand prix as a McLaren driver, while Lewis Hamilton is expecting a challenging race…
Honda – Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button may have a few doubts about Honda’s chances of winning the Australian GP, but that doesn’t mean they won’t try to challenge for the victory…
BMW – Having already announced that BMW are targeting fourth place in this year’s Constructors’ Championship, Nick Heidfeld starts the Australian GP determined to finish in the points..
Spyker – Spyker drivers Christijan Albers and Adrian Sutil may not have done as much testing during the winter as other teams, but both drivers are ready for the Aussie GP…”

My take…watch out for Kimi…

In the ALMS
“Intersport Racing and its Creation-Judd look to challenge Audi’s LMP1 dominance in 2007.
Since 2000, Audi is a perfect 7-0 at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring and looks to make it eight straight next week in the 55th running of America’s greatest sports car race. There may be extra reason to worry in the Audi camp as Intersport Racing will roll out its new Judd-powered Creation for a full season of LMP1 competition.

The diesel-powered Audi R10 TDI was 8-for-8 last year with wins at Sebring and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. But in the last two events of the season ? Petit Le Mans and the Monterey Sports Car Championships ? the Creation prototype proved a worthy challenger. Defending P1 co-champion Dindo Capello doesn’t expect that to change as Intersport continues to work with and develop the car throughout 2007″

I can’t believe nobody has stepped up to the Audi team yet..and when I say that I mean a constant battle between makes. 8 years in row…
With all this huge car makes out there, don’t you think it would be a great advertisement campaign from a potential challenger, and if its american even better. Imagine, FORD bringing back the GT to win Le mans…in the P1 class. Don’t ask me how, but the idea works perfect, don’t you think?