Reply To: ? TEARDOWN OF SEALED ROTAX MOTORS BY TECH DIRECTOR?

Home Forums General Discussion ? TEARDOWN OF SEALED ROTAX MOTORS BY TECH DIRECTOR? Reply To: ? TEARDOWN OF SEALED ROTAX MOTORS BY TECH DIRECTOR?

RBI
Participant

I recall at Bandi a tag Jr. Dad ( I believe running a Rotax ) Protested and had us tear down our Biland Jr. engine. We had to pull it all the way to down. We brought it back in 2 box’s. All the way to the crankshaft.

The engine had the factory seal, we tore it down, and did not bitch about it. All of this and the same driver won his shifter race by 10 seconds. It couldn’t be the driver or chassis right ? It has to be the engine. Or the special part that the father saw my brother stick in his pocket while in tech.

We will allways have people complaining that someone has an unfair advantage as long as we race. My point is we had to do it with a sealed engine. Why should noone else have to ? Should we make all competitors bring their W2 forms from the prior year and only tear down the engines of the people that can financialy afford to ?

This is racing. It is expensive. If you win, expect to be torn down. Regardless of what engine you run. Look at how many DQ’s there are every year at the Rotax National Championships. They all have to be sealed yet people still get booted.

Richard